Beautifully Broken: 31 Days Serving Our Community
March 1 - 31st
As followers of Jesus we are called to love our neighbors. We serve and love those around us not out of our own strength and abilities, but with awareness of our own brokenness. God’s grace has been extended to each of us in our times of need and in our sin. In a beautiful remaking, God uses us to bring healing, peace, and hope to others. We are beautifully broken.
Join us for 31 days of intentionally serving our neighbors, coworkers, strangers, and anyone else we encounter. This movement consists of projects, serving prompts, and special events. Our focus is on meeting real needs and sharing acts of kindness in our community in order to bring Jesus to people and people to Jesus.
STEP 1: Sign Up
Choose a facilitated project from the list below and sign up for 1 intentional planned time of serving in our community!
STEP 2: Serve
Complete your project and then keep looking for ways to meet needs or show kindness throughout the month of March. Scroll down to find ideas of what you can do on your own or with your family below.
STEP 3: Share!
Share a picture and story with us to inspire a ripple effect of intentional love and kindness!
Use the button below the projects to tell your story or share on social media using #beautifullybroken and tag @waccchurch and @waccgoandserve
Ideas for acts of kindness and meeting needs in your own community:
- Pay it forward in the drive-thru, at the coffee shop, or even pay for the next person’s oil change at your next vehicle servicing!
- Offer to watch a neighbor’s kids play outdoors to give the parents a break
- Rake a neighbor’s lawn or offer to wash their car
- Deliver a coffee to someone’s home unexpectedly
- Have a meal delivered to someone quarantining
- Set up a snack station for delivery people at your front door
- Buy flowers or a candy bar at the grocery store for the cashier
- Send a postcard to someone you have not seen in a while to let them know you are thinking of them
- Help someone out of work to update their resume
- Pick up trash in your neighborhood, at a park, or on a hiking trail
- Tip wait staff extra if you eat out or order food!
- Help a friend who is moving
- Call someone who is isolating at home to keep them encouraged
- Go on a shopping spree on our Amazon wishlist for people in need
- Share your own idea and how you served in the box above!